Lots of my lovely customers find my website because they’re looking for a calligrapher in their local area.
Just as many will find me online and book my calligraphy services from a distance!
Over my 20 years of writing calligraphy commissions I’ve developed a tried and tested process for calligraphy orders so you can hire me to write something for you, no matter where in the country (or the world!) you may be!
I’m based on the edge of the English Lake District, on the Furness peninsulas. Most of my orders come from the UK, and some from the local area – but all are discussed and arranged online. It’s much easier to discuss what you’d like for your calligraphy commission by email – that way I have all the details in writing. So you don’t need a calligrapher near you – I can help wherever you are!
Here’s how to order a calligraphy commission from me:
- email me with your words and any design or colour ideas you have
- I’ll reply with a price, timings, and thoughts on the design
- we can chat through your design as much as we need to! (if you’d like a proper chat on the phone that’s fine, and I’ll always follow up with an email to confirm all the details of our conversation in writing
- I’ll take payment online (card payments or direct payment into my business account)
- Your calligraphy commission will be ready in 1-2 weeks
- Unless you ask for framing, your calligraphy will be rolled and gift wrapped, and sent in a very sturdy postal tube!
- I use tracked postal services to securely deliver your commission
Calligraphy services throughout the UK
I provide calligraphy services in the north of the UK, covering Cumbria and Lancashire, Dumfries & Galloway and the Scottish Borders, Northumberland, Durham and Yorkshire.
For commissions (e.g. writing a wedding reading or a poem for a special birthday or anniversary) I take orders from all over the UK and overseas.
I am also available for calligraphy workshops in Manchester / greater Manchester and throughout the north west of England on request.