Come and join our fab Claire from By Moon & Tide for a friendly and relaxed Christmas modern calligraphy workshop – and take home some pretty Christmas gift tags in your own beautiful calligraphy lettering!
More than a simple calligraphy lesson, you’ll learn how to write a fun, modern calligraphy alphabet with a pot of ink and a dippy pen.
There’ll be calligraphy demonstrations for you to watch and follow, and I’ll help you learn with tips and tricks along the way.
At the end of your modern calligraphy workshop you’ll have an opportunity to buy colourful inks, alternative nibs and fancy penholders to make your future calligraphy adventures even more exciting!
Your course fee includes refreshments, and a specially curated starter kit that includes :
- a basic calligraphy pen and nib
- set of worksheets with quirky modern alphabets and examples
- pot of black calligraphy ink
- a variety of gift tags for Christmas
The class is held in our purpose built creative studio space in the pretty market town of Nantwich, in the heart of Cheshire. Each workshop is intentionally kept small for optimal attention given to each participant.
- Level: Beginner
- Date: 7th of December 2019, Saturday
- Time: 10am – 12:30pm
- Venue: The Little Paper Shop, 56 Hospital Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5RP
- Price: £65
- Warm Up
- Create your own artwork
AFTER TAKING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU’LL KNOW:
- how to hold your calligraphy pen correctly to get the very best out of your lettering
- how to create beautiful hairline strokes and gorgeous thick swells with your calligraphy pen
- how to write a simple alphabet in your own modern calligraphy style
- how to join letters to create pretty calligraphy quotes
- which papers and inks are best for modern calligraphy practice at home
- how to make your calligraphy practice sessions at home really fun and creative
How to book: