Date: Saturday 17th August 2019
Time: 2 – 4
Place: Ziferblat, Manchester Media City
This workshop is a friendly catchup session for those of you who’ve been to one of my previous workshops, or who have a little modern calligraphy experience under your belts. We’ll skip all the ‘how to hold your pen’ stuff, and focus on creating beautifully smooth, flowing lettering. We’ll compare penholders and talk about any projects you’re working on, and I’ll demonstrate things like laying out quotes and creating different lettering styles.
On the day we’ll look at and write –
- Alphabet sample sheets (recap)
- with straight and oblique penholders to compare! (you keep both 🙂
- Quotes and layouts – with a view to improving your flow & smoothness
- Alternative styles (romantic vs dramatic)
- Beautifully addressed envelopes
There’ll be a little pop-up shop at the end so you can buy colourful inks, spare nibs and penholders, books and more worksheets if you like.
Class sizes are limited so everyone has some personal tuition – and no matter what your skill level (we all learn at different speeds) I will help you along the way!