Join me for a friendly and relaxed Christmas modern calligraphy workshop – and take home an assortment of gorgeous handwritten Christmas treats!
Learn to write in an elegant modern calligraphy style, making your very own kind of magic with a pot of ink and a dippy pen.
You’ll learn elegant, slanting swirls and letters, alphabets and joining up – and by the end of the session you’ll have your very own sparkly, handwritten personalised bauble to take home and hang on your tree!
You get to keep your calligraphy pen and nib, pot of ink and full set of worksheets based on my ‘Introduction to Modern Calligraphy’ exercise book.
There’ll be calligraphy demonstrations for you to watch and follow, and I’ll help you learn with tips and tricks along the way.
At the end of your modern calligraphy workshop you’ll have an opportunity to buy colourful inks, alternative nibs and fancy penholders to make your future calligraphy adventures even more exciting!”
- a classic ‘oblique’ calligraphy pen and nib
- set of worksheets with elegant modern alphabets and examples
- a handwritten, personalised bauble for your tree!
- a beautifully wrapped calligraphy gift box
- a sheet of handwritten wrapping paper
- calligraphic Christmas cards to amaze your friends!
The class is held in our purpose built creative studio space in the pretty market town of Nantwich, in the heart of Cheshire. Each workshop is intentionally kept small for optimal attention given to each participant.
- Level: Beginner
- Date: 7th of December 2019, Saturday
- Time: 1Pm – 3:30pm
- Venue: The Little Paper Shop, 56 Hospital Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5RP
- Price: £65
- Warm Up
- Create your own artwork
AFTER TAKING THIS WORKSHOP, YOU’LL KNOW:
- how to hold your calligraphy pen correctly to get the very best out of your lettering
- how to create beautiful hairline strokes and gorgeous thick swells with your calligraphy pen
- how to write a simple alphabet in your own modern calligraphy style
- how to join letters to create pretty calligraphy quotes
- which papers and inks are best for modern calligraphy practice at home
- how to make your calligraphy practice sessions at home really fun and creative
Terms & Conditions:
– Course fee includes light refreshments, drinks and a carefully curated starter kit.
– Confirmation of seat upon payment received.
– Classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Moon & Tide and The Little Paper Shop reserve full rights to accept or decline the registration of any participant for any reason, without explanation.
– Moon & Tide and The Little Paper Shop reserve full rights to amend or adjust the date, time, venue, content, fees, or instructor of any scheduled course, session, workshop, talk or event.
– In the event of a no-show, late turn arrival or inability to stay through the entire workshop, no refund will be granted.
– Should the workshop be cancelled or shortened, The Little Paper Shop will perform all refunds within 5 working days.
How to book: